Monday 27 October 2014

Eggnog French Toast (Holiday Breakfast)

I found my first container of Eggnog in the store this week (it's mid-October), so I couldn't resist a nice glass of Eggnog and rum before bed. Yum, it just sends me to a happy place instantly. I know...a little early for holiday cheer to be starting...

This morning we were all feeling a little under the weather with the lovely cold that is making it's rounds and when we're sick we get to eat comfort food (this SO doesn't fit into my clean eating program). Lady & Bug love French Toast (but we have to call it square pancakes because they're  4 and crazy) and I thought I'd spice my usual recipe up with some nog - it was yummy, so I'm sharing it!


Eggnog French Toast

4 Eggs, beaten
1 cup Eggnog (or milk for regular French Toast)
2 Tbsp Sugar
2 tsp Vanilla
1/2 tsp ground Cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground Nutmeg
8 slices Bread
Confectioner's (Icing) Sugar (optional)
Butter (optional)
Maple Syrup (optional)

Combine eggs, eggnog, sugar, vanilla, cinnamon and nutmeg in a bowl wide enough to fit a piece of bread in the bottom (I use an 8" x 8" casserole dish). 

Preheat a griddle or frying pan to medium heat. Coat each side of the bread with the egg mixture and place on the hot pan to cook until it browns (about 2 minutes per side) then flip.

Serve with a dusting of confectioner's sugar, butter or maple syrup.


A great Christmas morning or New Year's Day breakfast.

~Adel~ 


No comments:

Post a Comment