Friday 26 September 2014

Onion Soup Mix

I seem to go through a lot of onion soup mix in recipes, it's an easy way to bring lots of flavour to a dish. It's one of those things that I have no idea what's in it, so I decided to work on making my own.


Onion Soup Mix

1 cup Dried Onion Flakes
1/2 cup Beef Bouillon Granules (I use low sodium)
1 tsp Onion Powder
1 tsp Parsley Flakes
1/2 tsp Celery Seed
1/2 tsp Paprika
1/2 tsp Ground Black Pepper

Combine ingredients in a food processor (I use my magic bullet) and pulse a few times to mix and grind the onion flakes smaller (mine are huge!). Use 6 Tbsp to replace 1 package in recipes.


I store mine in a jar to keep it fresh, the humid air here makes the bullion clump together. 

Use the onion soup mix to add flavour to Easy Slow Cooker Roast Beef & Gravy, Meatloaf, or Beef Stew.

Off to make Beef Stew and Aged White Cheddar Biscuits for my hungry little ladybugs!

~Adel~

No comments:

Post a Comment