Friday 12 September 2014

Big Batch Canned Pizza Sauce



I've been making so much pizza sauce that I thought I'd make a huge batch and can it this summer with all the lovely tomatoes available right now!

So, I used my regular pizza sauce recipe and quadrupled it so I could can a big batch. Turns out I may have to do this a few times...I've already used 2 jars.


Big Batch Canned Pizza Sauce

1/4 cup Olive Oil
4 Onions, diced
8 cloves Garlic, minced
14 cups Diced Fresh Tomatoes
1/2 cup Tomato Paste
6 Tbsp Honey
8 tsp Anchovy Paste
3 tsp Oregano 
1 & 1/2 tsp Marjoram
3 tsp Basil
1/4 tsp Red Pepper Flakes
Salt & Pepper to taste

Lemon Juice (add 2 Tbsp to each canning jar)

In a large stock pot, heat oil. Cook onion until it starts to brown, add garlic for 1 minute and then add tomatoes and remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil and then simmer for 30 minutes. Let cool for 10 minutes then blend with a hand blender or carefully with a food processor. 

Sterilize and heat jars before filling. Add 2 Tbsp of Lemon juice to each jar before adding hot pizza sauce to jars, leaving 1/2" headspace. Add lids and rims and cook in a water bath canner for 35 minutes. Let cool for 24 hours and any unsealed jars should be refrigerated or used immediately.

Get homemade pizza sauce without all the work of making sauce from scratch. Try it with Best Ever Pizza Dough for a fabulous family pizza and games night!

~Adel~


No comments:

Post a Comment