Wednesday 11 June 2014

Slow Cooker Baked Potatoes




I seem to always want a baked potato with my steak, but we only have steak when it's nice outside. Unfortunately, I hate heating my house up with the oven to bake them and putting them on the grill for so long seems ridiculous to me, so I have started to make my baked potatoes in the slow cooker. 

I know, not an original idea, but I just discovered this concept! They are perfectly done, without heating up the house and ready to either stuff with delicious goodness for twice baked potatoes or serve with our steaks. A great use for that slow cooker in the summer!




Slow Cooker Baked Potato

1 large Russet Potato per person
Olive Oil
Salt & Pepper
Aluminium Foil

Clean the potato really well with water and a vegetable scrubber. 
Poke holes all over the potato with a fork to let steam out. Rub the outside of the potato with olive oil and season with salt & pepper.
Wrap each potato in aluminum foil and press firmly to make it tight. Place in a slow cooker on high for 4-5 hours or on low 7-8 hours until the inside of the potato is soft and cooked all the way through.

Perfect make-a-head side for summer BBQ's or camping.

~Adel~


No comments:

Post a Comment