Saturday 14 June 2014

Homemade Instant Oatmeal


I'm so tired of buying instant oatmeal and using 2-3 packs per person just to make a meal, plus, I really like to know what's in things I serve. So I'm making my own and thought I'd share for anyone else who's tired of going through an entire box of instant oatmeal in 1 sitting.

This recipe makes a big batch to put into smaller individual bags.


Homemade Instant Oatmeal

snack sized plastic resealable zipper bags
9 cups Quick Oats
1 & 1/2 cup Powdered Milk
1 & 1/2 cups Brown Sugar
1 tsp Cinnamon
1 tsp Salt


Blend 3 cups of the oatmeal to create a finer "oatmeal flour" (I used my magic bullet). Combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Divide 1/2 cup or 1 cup servings into individual resealable plastic bags. Add desired boiling water at serving time and let sit for 2+ minutes before eating.

Add dried or fresh fruit, chocolate chips, sprinkles, cream or anything else you love in your oatmeal.

This is the perfect option to get your little ones to serve themselves breakfast, for those busy mornings when there's only time for a take and go breakfast, or for a delicious & healthy camping breakfast.

~Adel~


No comments:

Post a Comment