Wednesday 14 May 2014

Easy Grilled Flour Tortillas

When it's hot outside the last thing you want to do is stand over a hot stove or oven!

I've started making much of my summer flatbread on the grill instead of in the oven or on the stove. It gives it a nice grilled flavour and I can enjoy my backyard  for a few seconds while I wait to flip them!

Of course you can still use this recipe and cook them on a pan on the stove if you want.


Easy Grilled Flour Tortillas
4 cups flour
1 tsp salt
1 & 1/2 cup water
1/3 cup Oil (I use Olive)

Combine flour and salt in a bowl. Add water and oil and mix until combined. Turn onto a floured surface and knead about 10 times until dough is soft, add a little more flour or water if needed. I use my mixer to make this process even faster.

Let dough rest for 5-10 minutes and divide into 16 equal portions. Roll each ball out into about 7" circle and place on medium grill for 1 minute per side. Brush with oil before grilling if desired.

Stop buying tortillas & make your own, it only takes a few minutes and tastes way better! Beat the heat and make Slow Cooker Salsa Verde Beef Tacos or Salsa Chicken Tacos for a delicious meal without heating up your kitchen!

Now I'm ready for Taco Tuesday!

~Adel~






No comments:

Post a Comment