Friday 27 September 2013

Happy 3rd Birthday


Happy 3rd Birthday Lady & Bug!

Lady & Bug turned 3 last week. I find throwing parties overwhelming - I'm happier to have a simple, low-key affair, so this year we decided to rent a local centre that had some pretty cool ride on toys and balls instead of having it at our house. I made a few snacks, the kids played, and the adults visited. 


Of course, what birthday would be complete without a birthday cake. I'm not much of a cake decorator but the rainbow cake with white butter cream icing was delicious. I wish I had got a shot of the inside, but alas, it was gone before I could find my camera! It was similar to this http://www.omnomicon.com/rainbowcake, but I just used a white cake mix & food colouring!

Of course, it was decorated as instructed by my 3 year olds with white yummy "sugar" and a pink & blue 3! 


Also as requested, Rainbow Shots of Gold.


And there's a little peek into Lady & Bug's 3rd birthday.

~Adel~




1 comment:

  1. Thanks for posting those cute pics of the kids. We sure enjoyed the Bday as well. Such a good idea to have it in a hall and keep all the mess there. Mom or Nana

    ReplyDelete