Wednesday 5 June 2013

Lemon Iced Tea Concentrate

It's hot out again! Yay for our bi-polar weather...

My family loves iced tea.

We go through a lot of containers of mix so I decided to save myself some money and start making my own. Super easy, I can control the sugar & ingredients and don't have to run to the store to get it!

Instead of making iced tea daily, I make a concentrate that I freeze in portions perfect for my jugs and just add ice & water when it's time to serve.


Lemon Iced Tea Concentrate

12 Tea Bags
2 cup Sugar
1/4 tsp Baking Soda
2 Lemons, sliced
4 cup Boiling Water


Mix ingredients together in a container that can handle boiling water (pot or heat resistant bowl). Let sit for 10 minutes. Remove tea bags & let cool. Pour into 1 cup storage containers or small ziploc bags to freeze.

To mix: Add 1 cup of iced tea concentrate to a jug and add 3-4 cups of water (depending on the strength you like) & ice.

Enjoy the heat. Happy sipping!

~Adel~

For more great food ideas check out my Recipes page

No comments:

Post a Comment