Thursday 23 May 2013

Grandma's Dinner Buns



Grandma's Dinner Buns

1 cup Milk
1 cup Water
2 Tbsp Instant Yeast
1/2 cup Oil
1/2 cup Sugar
2 Eggs
1/2 tsp Salt
6 cups Flour

Heat milk & water in microwave for 2 minutes (or until warm, but not hot). Add to a large mixing bowl with yeast, oil, sugar, eggs, salt & 3 cups of flour. Mix well. Add remaining 3 cups of flour and change to a dough hook. Knead until dough is mixed but not sticky. Place dough in a greased bowl and let rise in a warm place for 20-30 minutes. Punch down and let rise another 20-30 minutes and form into buns. Let the buns rise until almost double in size. Bake at 400F for 12-15 minutes until nicely browned. Remove from pans and let cool on racks. Makes about 3 dozen buns.

I have tried many different recipes for dinner buns over the years and these are my favourite!!!

I use this recipe to make my Poppyseed Cinnamon Buns!

~Adel~

For more great food ideas check out my Recipes page




No comments:

Post a Comment