Tuesday 14 May 2013

Cleaning Spray

I feel like I spend half of my day cleaning the counters and table. With little ones it's nearly an impossible task to keep a kitchen/dining room clean. They get so sticky  - especially the oatmeal! I have to use something to help take the stuck-on food off, a wet cloth is not good enough. I realized how much cleaner I was going through and needed to save a little money - not only that I realized what kind of chemicals I was subjecting my family to by spraying the commercial ones on my counters and table. I have been searching for a good cleaning spray that kills the germs and cleans well. I finally found a really easy recipe that works well.


Cleaning Spray

2 & 1/2 cups Warm Water
2 Tbsp Dr. Bronner's Liquid Castile Soap (your choice of scent)
20 drops Essential Oils (whatever you like)

Mix ingredients together in a spray bottle. Shake well. Spray on counters & table and let sit for 1-2 minutes before wiping off. 

I used Lavender this time, but I also like Tea Tree Oil, Citrus, or Peppermint. You can also use the Mild Baby Dr. Bronner's Soap and add your choice of essential oils for other scents. Dr. Bronner's Soaps can be found online at www.drbronner.com. In Canada, London Drugs carries a few different ones in the body wash section. This is great soap that can be used for so many different things around the house!

Happy Cleaning!

~Adel~

No comments:

Post a Comment