Tuesday 16 April 2013

Bath Soap Crayons

Bath time is the favourite time of the day in our house. I can get Lady & Bug to stop doing anything when I say it's bath time! They got some special soap from our cousin who is the wonderful soap maker at Unicorn Sparkle and they played with it until the slice I gave them dissolved.

It gave me a great idea...I've seen these bath crayons on Pinterest (check out bathactivitiesforkids.com) and had to give them a try. Here's my attempt!


Bath Soap Crayons

8 squares Glycerine Soap (found mine at Michael's)
Gel Food Colouring (you can use regular, but my research indicated that the Gel is easier to clean...very important to me!)
Essential Oils (whatever you want)
Soap Moulds/Ice Cube Trays (mine are from Ikea)



First I cut up my 8 squares of soap and melted them in a measuring cup (30 seconds at first, then in 10 second increments until the soap is completely melted and hot...do not boil). Then I divided my soap into three small bowls and added colour to each. This needs to be done quickly because the soap will harden fast. If it does become hard, just pop it back in the microwave for 20 seconds. Mix the food colouring in well and add the essential oils. 



Pour into moulds and let harden for at least 30 minutes.



The finished product. 


We cut each stick in half so that they would last a little longer. Lady & Bug loved their bath soap crayons and it was an easy project!


~Adel~



No comments:

Post a Comment