Friday 15 February 2013

Lil' Artists

My kids watch a lot of TV.

It's my coping mechanism - yup, I'll admit it. I turn on Thomas the Train to get the dishes done or tidy or make a meal. Sometimes I even turn it on just to have 15 minutes of peace to check facebook.

It's an easy babysitter, but at only 2, they watch hours of TV throughout the day just so I can get things done.

Today I decided that it was time to turn the TV off and spend some time being artistic.

I have a confession to make. I'm not a crafty sort of person. I try really hard, but I have no follow-through and would much rather spend my evenings reading a book with a glass of wine than crafting!

So, crafting with my kids is a bit of a stretch. We're starting small - making art for Grandpa Ladybug's birthday.

First, it required some supplies, so a trip to the local dollar store was in order.

Supplies:

  • Smocks (I would recommend this. My kids refused to wear them and we opted for PJ's instead)
  • Canvas or painting boards ($1 at the dollar store for small ones)
  • Washable paints
  • Paint brushes
  • Small bowls
  • Water
  • Rags for clean up


 The little artists deep in concentration. I had no idea they loved to paint this much!


  Painting a giraffe on a hill...


...and of course, another giraffe.



The Finished Product


Giraffe by Lady


Giraffe on a Hill by Bug


Happy Birthday Grandpa!

No comments:

Post a Comment